- Peters M, Jenkinson C, Perera S, Loder E, Jensen R, Katsarava Z, Gil Gouveia R, Broner S, Steiner T. Quality in the provision of headache care. 2: defining quality and its indicators. Journal of Headache and Pain. Aug 2012;13(6):449-57.
- Broner SW, Yablon L. Migraine and its presentations. In: Martelletti P, Steiner TJ. Handbook of Headache, Practical Management. Springer. September 2011.
- Ducros A, Broner SW, Valade D. Acute Headache in the Emergency Department. In: Martelletti P, Steiner TJ. Handbook of Headache, Practical Management. Springer. September 2011.
- Lay CL, Broner SW. Migraine in Women. Migraine and Other Primary Headaches. Neurologic Clinics. May 2009;27(2):503-11.
- Broner SW, Cohen J. Epidemiology of Cluster Headache. Current Pain and Headache Reports. April 2009;13(2):141-146.
- Lay CC, Broner SW. Adolescent Issues in Migraine: a Focus on Menstrual Migraine. Current Pain and Headache Reports. Oct 2008;12(5):384-7.
- Broner SW, Sun C, Lay CL. Cluster Headache in Women. Current Pain and Headache Reports. April 2007;11(2):127-130.
- Lay CL, Broner SW. Preventative treatment of menstrual migraine. Current Pain and Headache Reports. June 2007;11(3):227-30.
- Broner SW, Lay CL, Newman CL, Swerdlow ML. Thunderclap Headache as the Presenting
Symptom of Myocardial Infarction. Headache. May 2007;47(5):724-726.
- Newman LC, Lay CL, Broner SW. Other Primary Headaches. In: Lipton RB, Bigal ME.
Migraine and Other Headache Disorders. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc. 2006
- Sun C, Lay C, Broner S, Silberstein S, Tepper S, Newman L. Reversible Anorgasmia with Topiramate Therapy for Headache: a Report of 7 Patients. Headache 2006;Oct;(9):1450-3.
- Lay CL, Broner SW. Special Considerations in the Treatment of Migraine in Women. Seminars
in Neurology 2006;26:217-222.
- Newman LC, Broner SW, Lay CL. Reversible Anorgasmia with Topiramate Therapy for Migraine. Neurology 2005;65:1333-1334.
- Chair, Underserved Populations in Headache Medicine, a Special Interest Section within the
American Headache Society. 2008 to 2012.
- Committee Member, American Headache Society Education Committee – Peer Review.
- United States liaison with the World Health Organization headache initiative, the Lifting The Burden Campaign.
- Editor for World Health Organization Publication Handbook of Headache, Practical Management, Springer.
- Advisory Board Member and Ad-Hoc reviewer for The Journal of Headache and Pain.
- Ad-Hoc reviewer for Headache.
- Advisory Board Member, HealthyWomen.org
- Ad-Hoc contributor to various web-education initiatives and pod-casts aimed at migraine sufferers and “expert opinion” for several lay press and television groups.
- “Migraine in Women: Life Phases, Challenges and Treatment Options”; Department of Neurology Grand Rounds, New York Hospital Queens, Queens, NY May 2012.
- “Patient Management and Treatment”, Chronic Migraine Education Program, American Headache Society, Chicago, October 2011.
- “Migraine in Women”; Department of Neurology Grand Rounds, St.-Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital, NY, NY September 2011.
- “Case 2: Daily Headache in 31 yr. old Female with Daily Visual Aura”, Chronic Migraine Education Program, American Headache Society, Chicago, October 2011
- “Menopause and Headache”, American Headache Society Scottsdale Program, November 2009.
- “The WHO Global Campaign: A U.S. Perspective”, International Headache Congress Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, September 2009.
- “Migraine and Other Headache Disorders”, OBGYN Residents Rounds, St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital, NY, NY 2006.
- American Headache Society
- International Headache Society
- National Headache Foundation
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Association
|2012-present||Manhattan Headache Center, Medical Director.
Affiliation: St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital.
Assistant Clinical Professor, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.
Headache specialist in private practice; Founder and Director of Manhattan Headache Center, an integrative treatment center for people suffering from headache disorders.
|2005-2012||The Headache Institute, St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York New York: Affiliation: Assistant Clinical Professor, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.
Headache specialist in private practice within a hospital setting. Additional responsibilities include weekly Medicaid Headache Clinic, general neurology ward service, training of Headache Fellow, research projects and clinical trials, committee member of Graduate CME Committee at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital.
|2010||2010 United Council of Neurological Subspecialties, Board Certification in Headache Medicine|
|2006||2006 American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Diplomate in the Specialty of Neurology.|
Education and Training
|2004-2005||Fellowship: The Headache Institute, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York.|
|2001-2004||Residency in Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York.|
|2000-2001||Internship in Internal Medicine, Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, New York.|
|1996-2000||S.U.N.Y. Stony Brook School of Medicine, Stony Brook, New York, Doctorate of Medicine.|
|1991-1994||Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, New York Post-Baccalaureate courses for Medical School.|
|1977-1980||Manhattanville College, Purchase, New York. B.A., Cum Laude, Major: Art in Society; Minor: Dance, China Studies.|
|1976-1977||Washington University St. Louis, Missouri.|
|1972-1976||Friends Academy, Locust Valley, New York.|
|2009||American Academy of Neurology Palattuci Advocacy Leadership Award.|
|2004||Platform presentation at and travel award for the American Headache Society 46th Annual Scientific Meeting: The Impact of Migraine and Probable Migraine on the Disability and Health-Related Quality of Life Within a Health Plan, Vancouver, British Columbia, June 2004.|
|2004||Recipient of the American Headache Society’s Travel Award for Scottsdale Headache Symposium.|